A completely new innovative Coating Inspector Approval scheme is launched. The scheme is a joint development between the Singapore Welding Society and Waugh Technical Services of the UK and is entitled as SWS ICAS.
The scheme breaks new ground by the development of courses and provision of certification not previously available for subject areas within Coating Inspection. This is in addition to the standard levels of Coating Inspector and Site Operative disciplines.
The SWS ICAS is designed to qualify Coating Inspectors and Coating Operatives for the Industrial and Marine Coatings field to a standard which is recognised and accepted by all National and International Oil, Gas and Civil Engineering companies throughout the world.
- Introduction to WSQ scheme & SWS ICAS Certification
- Fundamentals of corrosion of steel
- Surface preparation
- Constituents of protective coatings
- Weather condition during surface preparation and coating application
- Primer and types of primers
- Mixing, curing, pot life, shelf life and drying of protective coatings
- High performance protective coatings
- Water-borne coatings
- Oil based paints
- Methods of coating application
- Coating faults
- Paint colours
- Maintenance coating
- Coatings for special applications
- Protective coatings for structural steels
- Protective coating characterisation
- Quality control and quality assurance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
All personnel who are responsible for carrying out, supervision, or inspecting, and/or in some manner involved in making decisions and exercising judgment concerning protective coating in the following industries : Construction, Manufacturng, Oil and Gas and Petrochemical Industires, Power Generation and Power Stations, Shipbuilding, Ship Repair, Offshore Fabrication, Railways, Metal Fabrication, Service, Maintenance and etc.