The main emphasis of this programme is on improving and ensuring safety through the use of owner/user or third-party inspectors specialised in pressure equipment in a manner that protects employees, the public, and the environment.
It provides the oil, gas and petrochemical industry with the assurance that pressure vessel inspectors trained and certified under this internationally recognised programme have the required knowledge and experience for the job in the field.
Course participants aspiring to be certified by American Petroleum Institute will undergo a rigorous programme to get them well versed with the various code books and standards, including API Standards that cover maintenance, inspection, rating, repair and alteration of pressure vessels.
- Overview: API-510, Pressure Vessel Inspection Code - Maintenance Inspection, Rating, Repair and Alteration
- Overview: API 571, Damage Mechnisms Affecting Fixed Equipment in the Refining Industry
- Overview: API 572, Inspection of Pressure Vessels
- Overview: API 576, Inpection of Pressure-Relieving Devices
- Overview: API 577, Welding Inspection and Mettallurgy
- ASME, Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code
- ASME Section V
- ASME Section VIII
- ASME Section IX
- Report Writing
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Applicable to all personnel working in the oil, gas and petrochemical industry, and who are involved in the design, procurement, engineering construction, operation, maintenance and inspection of pressure vessel and related facilities.
Full Time and Part-Time Programme @ 40hours
6:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday to Friday (Part-Time)
8:30am - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday (Full-Time)
Monday - Friday
** Participants will need to register online for the examination and make payment directly to API (2 months in advance)
2016 Exam date: 13 - 27 May 2016 // 16 - 30 Sep 2016